Magnificent Manor from 700s with 8000 sqm of land and 700 sqm of area
The “Castellaccio” was the ancient residence of the noble family Ubertini di Valenzano, belonging to Ubertino di Gualfreduccio until the year 1221. It is built on the ruins of the more ancient premedieval Castle which dates back to the year one thousand. The present Manor, as is certain from the multiple documents available, dates back to the 1700s. The Castellaccio propriety comprises a total area of approximately 9500 square meters (at the moment 1500m2 have been developed and 8000m2 are land). The nobel Manor is approximately 700m2 distributed over two floors along with a small tower, for a total of 22 rooms, some of which still have only partially revealed “frescoes” dating back to the 1700s. The site, of great historical and artistic interest, isn’t under any constraints by the Italian organization for cultural heritage conservation. Located about 20 km distant from Arezzo, the location takes its name by Fortress, from the building itself. It rises on top of a hill, above the characteristic town, from which it dominates the entire valley of the Tuscan hills, the river Arno running right through the valley below.
20 km from Arezzo
Look the video